Monday, February 25, 2013

The Notebook (Not the love story)

Every February / March I get the overwhelming urge to run outside and start planting in the garden, but I often get overzealous and plant much too early. This year to dissuade myself from doing such things I have turned to the internet and magazines to placate my need to go through the buy and die cycle with my annuals / veggies.
I have started create a book called Dream Garden and then I have another called Practical Garden. There are various ways to do this.
I have been purchasing large sketch journals from places like Barnes and Noble like this bound option.  Also, it is not terribly expensive either at $12.95, which is always a bonus. Though I have been eyeing this leather option for quite sometime.
So I purchase two journals and as I see things I like in magazines mostly, I cut out the pictures and break them into two groups, dream and practical. For example, I know that I can't have an olympic size swimming pool surrounded by bluestone right now, so that goes into the dream book. A picture of a new staking technique for the tomatoes I am going to plant is very practical though, hence earning it a spot in the practical notebook.
Having these notebooks allows you to keep track of all your ideas and on those cold spring nights you can pull out the dream notebook and flip through the pages and become inspired.
asla_2012_quaker_1asla_2012_quaker_3

No comments:

Post a Comment